Sunday, December 12, 2010

Kansas City, MO - Day 9

Now for our free day in Kansas City.

This day was all very slow. I didn't get up till 9:00 am and we met for brunch at 11:00. We went to the Cracker Barrel and the food there is great. It's almost all homemade food and a lot of more southern style dishes. After we finished eating, we all got to shop in the little gift shop adjacent to the restaurant. That was also a lot of fun 'cause they had a lot of old-style candies and different kinds of toys and clothing. They even had the entire first season of Hogan's Heroes. Needless to say, I was impressed. Then as we were leaving there were a few snowflakes falling. I got so exciting, being from southern California the land of no snow. Afterwards, we came back to the hotel and we just hung around for a while. Then we got together to go over things that we could do. They told us that we could either go to the Internation House of Prayer or a local art museum. Afterwards, when everyone had gotten back from those places, we could either go to the mall or stay at the hotel. At first, I was gonna go to IHOP but then I decided that it would be better for me to stay at the hotel because I wanted to have some time with God. So I went up to my room and started looking for my journal. I turned on the tv 'cause I couldn't find my journal for a while and watched "Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark." During that time, I found my journal and finished writing about the events of the night before we left for Kansas City. Then I turned off the tv and talked with God for a short bit until my friend Keith Jackson called and we had a great talk. We had to end our conversation when he needed to leave to get ready for work and I needed to head down for dinner. Since the roads were too windy and icy, we stayed in the hotel for dinner. After dinner, Eden and I talked for a while and then had a skype call with Steven Beck, Megan, and Devan. It was so much fun talking with them and made me miss them all the more. Then I had to leave because of curfew and thus went to bed.

No comments: