Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Kansas City, MO - Day 11

I'm HOME! It feels so good. I've missed it.

But we left the hotel, all packed and ready, at 9:00 am with suitcases in one van and all the rest of us in the cars and vans we'd rented. When we got to the airport, we checked in and found out that our plane was delayed an hour so we got to wander the airport for about two hours. I wandered with Nick, Alex, Annie, and Eden and we had fun. At 11:45 we went through security and had to wait another hour before we actually boarded. Since we didn't check in till that morning, we had mid-B to C tickets so I ended up sitting between two strangers. Before take-off, I talked some with the man on my right. I found out that he was from Daytona, Florida and was flying out to LA for something. He has two kids, 12 and 15, who have wanted to go to Disneyland for a while and he may be taking them this summer. He himself has only been to Disneyland once and that 20 years ago, when Splash Mountain first opened. We also talked a little about the airline, Southwest, and their seating arrangements. Then I fell asleep for an hour and a half. When I woke up, I journaled about what was prayed over me and read a little of Beowulf. After that, I did devotions. The reading was in Hebrews and three verses seem to stick out to me and they all ended up connecting and from them, I have a feeling that I may be going to Virginia in the fall with Ignite. But I'll still need to pray about it. Then we landed and took a bus back to school. There was so much excitement as we neared the school. When we pulled into the parking lot, we could see Devan, Steven Beck, Steven Brunelle, and Megan all waiting for us and jumping up and down. We could hardly contain ourselves in the bus. Hugs exploded when we got off the bus. We were all so happy to be back and to see people we hadn't seen in ten days, though you'd think we hadn't seen them in years by our exuberance. All the rest of the day, we were bombarded with people who were happy to see us back. My heart was so happy to see my friends again and I had the silliest grin plastered across my face. Then all Ignite had dinner of pizza and soda together which was a lot fun.

I'd have to say that, overall, the trip to Kansas City was a success and so very valuable for me. I do not regret my decision at all to come to Ignite. But, for all the incredible experiences I had there, there is no place like home. I love you all. I'll be home home in close to 24 hours. Hold on a little longer.

No comments: