Saturday, December 4, 2010

Kansas City, MO - Day 1

Friends, Family, Countrymen! Lend me your ears as I journal here of my time in Kansas City, Missouri.

So we left Life Pacific College at 8 PST yesterday morning. It was bittersweet because three of our fellow Igniters were not able to come with us but we were all really excited about the trip. Then we got to LAX airport and everything went smoothly so we ended up sitting around, talking and hanging out, for two hours before we boarded. I did my devotions during that time and talked with friends. Once on board the plane, I sat with Eden and Nick and we all had a good time. We all slept at some point during the flight and watching the sunset and looking down at the city at night was simply breathtaking. We landed and met up with Cherise's family and then followed them to baggage claim. Once everyone had they're bags, we loaded them into one of the vans brought to transport us to the hotel. Since we're such a big group, we were split amongst two vans and three rental cars. Those of us in the rental cars, myself included, had to stay at the airport for a while longer so as to get the cars. The other people in my car were Krista (our driver), Colleen, Eden, and Ashley. It was a lot of fun 'cause Krista wasn't used to driving a big car and took her time as she drove. Then on our way to the hotel, we missed the on-ramp to the freeway we needed to take and were about to turn around when we got a text from Sean saying that we were gonna go straight to the restaurant. So we got ourselves back on track and went to the restaurant. The restaurant was called Gates and they had terrific barbeque. Now, I don't usually like barbeque but this was very tasty. At the end of the meal, Sean introduced us to John Wiley, Cherise's dad, who we would be with for about the next week. Pastor Riley thanked us for coming and gave us a general description of what we would be doing. Then we all piled back into the cars and vans and came back to the hotel where everyone finished checking in and getting settled into hotel rooms. I am rooming with Kristen (my roommate), Becca, and Cynthia. Then I called my family and had a very nice long talk with my mom. Once that ended, I went to bed around 11 CST. And that was day 1 of Ignite mission trip 2010 to Kansas City.

2 comments:

karashae said...

Yay! The blog is back! And it sounds like an awesome trip is in store...

Ariel said...

The blog is back. :) Yes, it is pretty awesome so far. Tonight, I'll be journaling about today. I can't wait to see how the next few days pan out. Sorry by the way about not responding to your email sooner. I have meant to but never got around to it. I will text you soon, I promise.