Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Psalm

As I was looking through a writing notebook of mine, I came across a psalm I had written. I read through it and found, to my astonishment, that it echoed some of the cryings of my present heart. I know for a fact that this was written several years ago. Never will I cease to be amazed at my own frailty at coming to the same place again and again.

A Psalm
O, what a wretched man I am!
How shall I fight myself?
For my members war against me
and will not submit.
When shall I see my soul's salvation,
the Son of Man and God
the Lord of all?
My soul cries out for help,
for assistance in my time of need,
But the Lord does not deliver me.
He forces me to face my own battles.
Then I pray for strength,
for endurance while I fight.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments: